Pilot programs for the promotion of respect for diversity >>
Start Date: 1/5/2012
End Date: 30/4/2014
A PROGRAM FOR THE EMPOWERMENT AND NETWORKING OF UNEMPLOYED WOMEN THROUGH ARTISTIC ACTIVITIES
The program is implemented by “Schedia” and it is materialized in the Intercultural Center for Artistic Activities of the Municipality of Elefsina. The target group is unemployed women, refugees, immigrant and Greek women living under the level of poverty. More specifically, the program includes the following activities:
1. Implementation of supporting actions:
- Psychosocial support
- Informing women regarding their rights for self-occupation
2. Implementation of artistic workshops:
- Painting on Fabric
3. Lessons of Greek Language and Creative Writing.
Beyond the psychosocial support in small groups and informing women regarding their rights, empowerment and motivation of beneficiaries is achieved by the engagement with artistic activities, a very effective and innovative method, as already demonstrated in previous actions of our organization. It has also been shown that women in the target group have informal skills which constitute a useful cultural capital on which their training is based as well as a background tool for their further professional development and advancement, through self-organization and networking.
- Creation of a network or cooperative and implementation of events for promoting women’s goals and raising their visibility in local community.
- Pilot operation of the network/cooperative with the support of “Schedia” and implementation of the following actions:
- Publishing a special multilingual leaflet with information regarding the actual results of the project
- Organizing meetings with the local agents (professional, social and educational) for their awareness in matters regarding the target group
- Organizing meetings among the women - members of the network/cooperative in order to exchange experiences and establish common goals
- Organizing informative discussions / workshops with special guests-experts on issues of interest to women in the target group.
The specific program is implemented by ‘Schedia’ and co-funded by the General Secretariat for Gender Equality and the European Social Fund (ESF).
|About Us | Our News | Activities
| Resources | Links
Kairi 23, N. Smyrni - Tel/Fax (+30) 210-3218590
and hosting by Technopolis